why attend an underwater workshop?
Underwater photography is quickly gaining in popularity with families and maternity clients, and is a great way to differentiate your photography business and create beautiful works of art.
But it comes with many challenges and the learning curve is rather steep with all the different factors you need to consider when shooting in the water.
Our workshops are designed to introduce you to gear options, teach you how to photograph in the water while keeping your client, yourself and your equipment safe, preparing and working with clients, working with different light situations, how to post process and edit your images, and how to successfully incorporate underwater sessions into your photography business.
All workshop participants get invited to join our private online group, where we continue to educate, learn from each other and grow together as a community.
diving deep: finding your underwater mojo
a Three-day underwater intensive learning experience
Victoria, Australia February 23-25 2018
Diving Deep is your opportunity to dive deep into the world of underwater family photography with 3 of the most experienced photographers in the subject. Designed to be a mix of classroom and practical hands on experience and coaching, this workshop offers a lot of one on one time with three instructors and a low student-teacher ratio. To find a little bit more about us and who we are, check out our profiles here.
- classroom discussions on gear, safety, and working with clients
- multiple sessions in pool and clear ocean bays around Victoria
- working with different light conditions and times of day
- post-processing in lightroom and photoshop
- exercises on how to develop your underwater style and find your voice and vision
- how to develop a marketing and business plan tailored to your business to help you successfully incorporate underwater sessions
- one on one coaching to define your success, set business goals and outline the steps you need to take to get there
- follow up support to really hone the skills you learned and tailor your business included.
- includes lodging, most meals and light refreshments.
Is it for me?
If you are an intermediate to advanced level of photographer looking to expand your business and delve into the workd of underwater child and family photography, then this is the workshop for you. As we will be spending a lot of time in the water, you must be comfortable in the water and capable of swimming.
The fine print
A non-refundable deposit of $600 and signed waiver is required to secure your place. We are thrilled to offer an early bird discount of $100 USD if you are one of the first five people to book - make sure you reserve your spot now!
Two further payments due November 1st 2017 and February 1, 2018.
Life happens and we get that! If you are unable to attend, you may sell your seat providing the recipient agrees to sign the waiver. There is a minimum number required to run the workshop. In the event it is cancelled due to registration, a full refund will be given.
Investment: $1800 USD