You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
As an artist, everything I do is centred around the belief of challenging the status quo and rethinking what is possible. Underwater maternity sessions are like a mystical dance where light plays with movement, bubbles and the unexpected. It's a place where the chaos of creation meets universal magic and anything is possible.
For me, thats where offering underwater maternity sessions comes in. It allows me to push the limits of a traditional maternity session and differentiate my business., while creating unique prices of art for my clients that they cannot get from many other photographers.
There are a few tips to working with maternity clients under water which have served me well.
1. Prepare your clients well for the session. If you haven't already signed up for our newsletter, there is a free tip sheet that we send you when you do!
2. Take breaks often. Its more tiring thank you think and its important that your client is safe at all times.
3. Bring in fun dresses, materials and clothes, BUT make sure you test them first. Sometimes the lightest looking materials are really heavy and hard to use.
4. Embrace "failure". Learning underwater photography has been very liberating as I have found so much beauty in what I would have previously found to be a "failure". Thats where the magic happens!
5. Elevate your game. When you first start out, you may be happy with the fact ANYTHING turned out. Challenge yourself and push yourself more. I see lots of photographers who plateau here and never grow beyond "getting the shot". Check out our workshops for opportunities to learn more!
6. Have fun and embrace the chaos....its all a part of the journey.